7/17/09

IF WE HAD IT TO DO OVER . . .

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein


   

ENOUGH ALREADY
Carolyn B Healy


I turned on the Today Show this morning for the first time in weeks, and they’re just lucky I was prepared to give them a second chance. I had to put them on probation back on the second day of the Michael Jackson death marathon. If they were going to act like the entire world screeched to a halt just because one exceedingly troubled entertainer died, then they’d have to do it without me. I am not without compassion for M. Jackson, as he was clearly victimized first and repeatedly before he turned his attentions to young boys. I just sought some balance and the slightest recognition that he became a predator himself.


Soon after, I left on a lengthy trip where my morning viewing switched to the cruise director’s daily closed circuit TV show, for which he donned a turban and received a lovely facial from the spa staff, and talked on and on about shopping. I didn’t miss Today at all.


Once back, I needed a week to overcome jet lag, and was finally ready to resume my usual habits. Certainly Today was over the pop star immersion by now and back to actual news. I switched it on. What filled the screen but the entire Duggar family, the reality show crew who unapologetically shows off their incredible flair for reproduction, a 21 person mass seated somehow - they must have bleachers in the living room - around the parents.


“The Duggars are here. And they have an announcement,” the off-screen voiced teased. “We’ll be right back.” MORE . . .


HAPPILY EVER AFTER
Ellie Searl

. . . they lived happily ever after. THE END.



"Night, night, sweetie girl, sleep tight.”

“How do you know?”



“How do I know what?”



“That they liveded happily ever after.”


Lived, not liveded.


Well, they just did, like in all your other stories.”



“Bambi’s mommy didn’t - she got shotted by a bad hunter.”

Shot, not got shotted.”



“And the poor little match girl got frozed.”



“Just say froze.” MORE . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment